Thursday, June 9, 2011

Happy 11th Anniversary

Wow, hard to believe 11 years ago it was the eve of our wedding day. Amazing how life continues to speed by faster and faster. The recognition that 11 years have passed since our wedding can't help but make me reflect on my life; our life. It was 20 years ago that I fell in love with you. A boy, yes, but a boy in love, nonetheless. I can remember the excitement of my new found love at that time in my life as if it is innate in my being. I guess that would make sense because our love is simply inseparable from me. Much like the saying that once you have children it is hard to remember life without them; the same feels true of our love. I remember life before our love, but I really can't relate to it any more. So much has changed in our lives in the last 11 years that all the hours of this night could easily be lost, and the magnitude of the changes in our lives couldn't be adequately expressed.  I can honestly say that I love you more today than I did then. Do I fail to convey my love adequately and as often as I'd like; yes. This eve is a good time to step back and remember that our family and our life starts with our love, anchored by our faith, and grows out from there. I'm committed to those truths, and I will be eternally. Every time I hear this coldplay song (Til Kingdom Come), it always humbles me and makes me remember the blessing of the fact that I've been able to realize my dreams, which are inseparable from you. My dreams are you, you are my dream. There is no ability to separate my dreams, and my definition of home, from you Christy.  As the song now sings, "for you I'd wait til Kingdom come. Until my day, my day is done"..."I wouldn't change a single thing"..."the wheels just keep on turning"... "Say you'll come and set me free, just say you'll wait, you'll wait for me".

As we've discussed before, my darkest fear, is that fact that one of us will likely part before the other. I don't know whether it scares me more to think of being left alone, or leaving you to experience that feeling. But regardless, and more important than that sliver of separation , is the fact that I know our love and relationship are eternal, and we'd wait til' kingdom come to spend our eternity together. Christy, I'm proud to be your husband, I thank my Heavenly Father for you, and I love you endlessly. Thank you for my beautiful family, and thank you for allowing my dreams to be realized. Happy Anniversary.

2 comments:

Shane and Amy Jo said...

Wow! What a sweet tribute to you Christy. You two are great. Happy Anniversary!

Amber said...

wow. i don't really know what to say after reading that. so sweet. jason is amazingly awesome to write something like that for you!! you guys are amazing. love you both so much.