Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Funny things from Emery

Just had to document some things Emery has been saying to me lately:

He asks me all the time "Why do mommies hold babys alot?"  "Is it because they don't walk?"

This morning...he came into our room at 6am and after being in bed with us for 20 minutes he sees me yawn and says "Mommy, are you tired?"..I respond "yes Emery I am tired".  And he says "Why?  Is it because I came and woke you up?".  I say "yes Emery" and he says "Oh, sorry mommy".

The other day we were going to the park and we didn't have plans to meet any of our friends.  So he asks, "mommy, are our friends going to be there?" and I respond and say "no, I don't think so, not today" and he says "well I will meet new friends then"... and continues and says "will they be shy mommy?"


And my personal favorite....he says to me on the couch this afternoon...."mommy, is there a baby in your belly?"...how's that for a confidence booster??
Where does he come up with these things?  I love watching him discover the world everyday and see how his 3 year old
brain develop :-)

2 comments:

portwood said...

I love kids! It is so fun to talk with them. We miss you guys. Can't wait till we live in Idaho again!

Amber said...

haha!!! emery is hilarious. can't wait to see you guys :)