Monday, March 21, 2011

Change is hard

We moved the boys into the same room tonight....l have been putting it off and honestly dreading the whole thing.  I am so nervous about how they will do tonight but we are getting down to the wire with only 3 weeks left until baby comes.   Jason spent the evening taking apart cribs and putting them back together again to fit through doorways...we moved Owen into Emery's room with his crib that he has been sleeping in since he was born.  We don't have the monitor set up in their room, so I won't be able to look on the video and see what it is going on.  Change is always is difficult, but necessary.......cross your fingers that they both sleep tonight and don't wake each other up so this mommy can get some sleep too :-) 

I found myself getting pretty emotional about the whole thing too.....I guess you could blame it on hormones but more than anything I was reflecting back on setting up the crib for the first time when we were expecting Emery and I got pretty teary.  It's hard to believe that was 3 years ago......I just remember the feelings of excitement and anticipation and joy we felt and here we are about to experience all of it again with our 3rd baby boy...kind of crazy.  It really hit me tonight seeing the "nursery" all set up like it was when Emery was a newborn, same decor, same bedding, same crib, same dresser, same pictures on the wall, etc....lots of emotions came back to me.  Well, enough rambling from me, but wanted to share some thoughts about this change that just happend tonight. 

No comments: