Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Emery's BIG first day continued :-)

Like I said before, Emery rode to school with his friend Kendall.....and the plan was for him to ride the BIG school bus home.  I was a basket full of nerves.....wondering if he would get on the bus at all, and then thinking about how he would do once on the bus, it's about a 30 minute ride.  Here is Kendall and Emery when they got to school :-)  SO cute, I think he has his first crush!!!

 
So there I sat anxiouly awaiting his arrival at the entrance of our neighborhood......here he comes!

 
Getting closer....and my heart was beating out of my chest

 
Then I had to wait for the driver to go down and turn around and come back.....oh the suspense was killing me!

 
And he made it!  Check out the big girl getting off the bus....oh man, can't even begin to describe how surreal it was, wathcing my little 4 year old get off the bus with BIG kids.  I was super emotional.



 
This was the best.....Emery wanted to wave to his driver Monica as she left

 
I can't tell you how proud I am of Emery for achieving this big milestone.  He did so much better than I would have hoped for......way to go Emery, he's been asking when it is Thursday so he can go to school again and ride the bus :-)  YAY!!!!
 
I asked him what his favorite part of the day was and he said "the playground".  I asked him where he sat on the bus and he tells me "I sat in the back with the big kids mommy, because I'm 4 and I grow and I am big".  That was a little white lie, since I know they have the preschool kids sit right behind the driver :-)

2 comments:

Meet the Bucher's said...

Yay Emery! So cute that he said he sat in the back with the big kids... even if it wasn't exactly the truth:-) Can't believe how fast the last few years have flown by and now the kids are donning on backpacks and heading to school... CRAZY!!!

Amber said...

wow!!! can't believe he rides the bus!!!! So cute :)