Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Concerns from Emery and mommy :-)

We were sitting together after dinner last night and Emery says to me "mommy, I am worried about you".  I ask why and he says "because the doctors are going to cut a hole in your belly to get baby sister out".  He continues and says "that will hurt you mommy and I am scared".  He was almost in tears.......it was such a tender moment.  So, I had to explain the best I could to a 4 year old's mind that c sections are completely safe and mommy is not scared and everything will be ok.  I reminded him that the doctors took Emery, Owen and Jake the same way :-) 

We are scheduled for surgery 3 weeks from yesterday, November 27th, I am starting to get anxious, mostly about whether or not I will go into labor this time since I did with Jake.  My doctor said there's a pretty good chance that I will, so it's kind of hard to plan when you just don't know if it will happen or not.  I am worrying about the boys (A LOT) and what I will do if we have to leave to go to the hospital, etc.  I told my mom she is going to have to be on call, and will have to call into her work, which is just stressful, but we have no choice. 

I am way excited to meet Ellie and pray that she is healthy.  I know there are really tough times ahead.....Jason and I joke about which is worse, me being pregnant these last few weeks or recovering from surgery with major sleep deprivation :-) and juggling a newborn in our already crazy house!!!  We will get through it......but I am a major worrier, always have been, not a trait I am very proud of.  I am worried about baby Jake and his adjustment to not being the baby anymore.  We were around a new baby recently and he didn't handle it too well seeing mommy hold him :-(  I will just have to take one day at a time and say lots of prayers!!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

aw. Emery is so sweet. you are going to do GREAT!!