Monday, February 23, 2009

This was so scary!!!!

Well this was Emery's 1st trip to the ER. Saturday night Emery woke up and was wheezing and was having trouble breathing. It was so scary, Jason and I panicked. Poor Emery was crying and was trying to get his breath. We immediately got into the car and took him to the ER. It turns out he has croup, which is a viral infection that makes the throat swell. They gave him a breathing treatment (which he hated) and a steroid medication. We left a 2 am and poor Emery was awake the whole time at the hospital. We got home at 3am and he was awake again by 4:30. It was a hard night in the Huszar house. Sleep deprivation was huge!!! I know this won't be the last time in the ER but I hope he is much much older. It was sad. He is starting to feel better but is still coughing and sounds like my little barking seal!!!

(These pics were taken off Jason's phone so not the best quality)
Here is Emery with his toe monitor, he thought it was pretty fun to play with







Emery and mommy at 1am (he was feeling a bit better, he's a trooper)

2 comments:

Amber said...

oh my goodness!! Poor baby!!! I hope he feels better soon! how traumatic to have to go to the ER!! it's awful to have a sick baby--I hope you are all catching up on some sleep.

Cortney Genova said...

Christy sending lots of prayers your way!!! I hope Emery is feeling better soon!!!!